Albuquerque Criminal Defense Lawyers Safeguard Your Rights and Challenge the Charges Against You
Experienced attorneys employ aggressive criminal defense tactics in New Mexico
Being accused of a crime, regardless of your guilt or innocence, puts your future at risk. Sometimes, the only thing standing between you and a guilty verdict is the knowledge and experience of a skilled defense attorney. At Rasheed & Associates, P.C. in Albuquerque, our dedicated team has extensive experience with a wide range of criminal law matters. Throughout our years of practice in Bernalillo, Valencia and Sandoval counties, we have shown that a tenacious defense is the best way to achieve positive results.
Proficient counselors stand up for their clients’ constitutional rights
Criminal charges can bring harsh penalties, including heavy fines and incarceration. Fortunately, the U.S. Constitution ensures a number of rights for criminal defendants, including:
- Presumption of innocence — Defendants charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Freedom from self-incrimination — Defendants have the right to remain silent. No one can compel a defendant to testify against himself.
- Freedom from double jeopardy — The same defendant cannot be charged more than once for the same crime.
- Trial by jury — Defendants have the right to a public and speedy trial by a jury of their peers. The jury must be chosen at random, with challenges available to the prosecuting and defense attorneys.
- Attorney representation — Defendants have the right to legal representation even if they cannot afford to pay for an attorney.
However, in practice, accused people often have their constitutional rights violated to the detriment of their defense. That is why you need a determined advocate to review all suspect actions by police or prosecutors and to take proper actions to correct abuses.
Seasoned attorneys provide strategic defense in criminal matters
At Rasheed & Associates, P.C., we have deep experience representing clients in a range of criminal cases including:
- Assault and battery — Altercations can quickly escalate to physical violence. When weapons are involved and/or victims suffer serious injury, charges of aggravated assault or assault with a deadly weapon can be lodged.
- Drug crimes — We handle drug cases in state or federal court ranging from simple possession to possession with intent to distribute to drug trafficking.
- Homicide — Crimes resulting in a person’s death draw the most severe penalties. We offer defense to all homicide charges, from manslaughter to intentional murder.
- Domestic violence — We defend clients accused of threatening, stalking or domestic abuse. If you have been served with an order of protection, we will take immediate steps to protect your rights.
- Theft — Crimes of this type include larceny, robbery, armed robbery, identity theft, criminal fraud and extortion. We also defend clients accused of all degrees of burglary.
- Traffic violations —You can rely on our attorneys for defense against traffic charges, including moving violations and DWI. We also assist clients dealing with a driver’s license suspension or revocation.
- Weapons charges — If you are accused of a weapons violation, we are prepared to uphold your rights and to deliver a robust defense.
- Parole and probation violations — When your liberty is in jeopardy, we are there for you, providing strong representation in parole and probation hearings.
Whatever the charges against you, you can rest assured that Rasheed & Associates, P.C. will provide a zealous and stout defense.
Contact accomplished New Mexico criminal defense lawyers for a free initial consultation
If you are facing criminal charges in New Mexico, Rasheed & Associates, P.C. can assess your case and serve as your staunch advocate, safeguarding your rights and maximizing your chances for a favorable outcome. Please feel free to call us at 505-847-5205 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation at our office in Albuquerque.