Albuquerque Criminal Defense Lawyers Safeguard Your Rights and Challenge the Charges Against You
Experienced attorneys employ aggressive criminal defense tactics in New Mexico
Being accused of a crime can be terrifying. Your character is called into question and, regardless of your guilt or innocence, you have a lot at risk. At times it may seem as if the only thing standing between you and a guilty verdict is the knowledge and experience of a skilled defense attorney. That is why hiring a qualified criminal defense lawyer is crucial. At Rasheed & Associates, P.C. in Albuquerque, our dedicated defense attorneys have extensive experience with a wide range of criminal law matters. Throughout years of criminal law practice in Bernalillo, Valencia and Sandoval counties, we have shown that a tenacious defense is the best way to achieve positive results.
Proficient counselors stand up for their clients’ constitutional rights
Criminal charges come with harsh penalties, including incarceration. Fortunately, the U.S. Constitution ensures a number of rights for criminal defendants. These protections are designed to establish a fair and balanced criminal justice system. But in practice, people accused of crimes often have their constitutional rights violated to the detriment of their case. But, with Rasheed & Associates, you get a determined advocate to defend your constitutional rights.
In criminal cases, the Constitution grants the accused defendant a number of rights, including:
- Presumption of innocence — Defendants charged with crimes are presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
- Freedom from self-incrimination — Defendants have the right to remain silent. No one can compel a defendant to testify against himself.
- Freedom from double jeopardy — The same defendant cannot be charged more than once for the same crime.
- Trial by jury — Defendants have the right to a public and speedy trial by a jury of their peers. The jury must be chosen at random, with challenges available to the prosecuting and defense attorneys.
- Attorney representation — Defendants have the right to legal representation even if they cannot afford to pay for an attorney.
Whether you are facing misdemeanor or felony charges, you have constitutional rights. Rasheed & Associates, P.C. fights to protect your rights and puts forth a vigorous defense.
Seasoned attorneys plan strategies for numerous criminal matters
At Rasheed & Associates, P.C., we have experience dealing with many facets of criminal law, including:
- Assault and battery
- Criminal fraud
- Driver’s license suspension/revocation
- Drug crimes
- Parole and probation violations
- Traffic violations
- Weapons charges
Whatever the charges against you, you can rest assured that Rasheed & Associates, P.C. will provide zealous representation and a stout defense.
Contact accomplished New Mexico criminal defense lawyers for a free initial consultation
If you are facing criminal charges in New Mexico, Rasheed & Associates, P.C. can assess your case and provide valuable legal insight. Our goal is to serve as your staunch advocate, safeguarding your rights and maximizing your chance for a favorable outcome. Please feel free to call us at 505-847-5205 or contact us online to arrange a free initial consultation at our office in Albuquerque.